Friday, August 24, 2007

Getting my read on!!

Well, summers almost over, thank gawwwd!!! I hate to sound like an old cranky bitty, but this freakin heat is unbearable (dont know that a bitty would use freakin, myself, i picture droppin f bombs like a drunken sailor when im a bitty! And why the hell not?!?! I deserve it!! Living the life I've lived (this is future bitty me talking!!!) Anyhoo....Life at casa is ok. It's a nonstressful job, so thats a HUGE plus!! I heard from a former coworker at the radio station that someone recently got fired for turning in a fake $30,000 order!!! Who does that?!??! I can't even begin to describe how much better my life is having not stayed at that job!! Those were the longest three months I've lived thus far!!! Getting up 5 days a week at 6am is not my forte!!!! Not to mention having to go to bed before leno's monologue!! What kind of life is that i ask you??? So, I'm back to my old bartendin ways!! Where the most stress i encounter is when a clutch goes out on a blender. Which isnt really so bad. I'm not gonna lie, people who drink blended drinks-I judge you!!! I mean, really, can you really even enjoy a blended drink?? It's not like you can take a nice big gulp as you would a NORMAL cocktail, or tasty beer, for fear of the dreaded brain freeze---TANGENT ALERT----which reminds me!!! Have you ever heard that sticking your tongue to the roof of your mouth will end a brain freeze?? I've tried said cure and can't say it was to effective. I digress....Another con of the blended drink is you it sort of seperates into this half slushy half liquid type concotion after only a few minutes. So, here you are with this drink you can't really drink too fast, yet, if you dont, it becomes a diluted version of whatever you started with. Gee sounds like a great time!! You blended drinkers, i shake my head at you in utter disbelief!!! Moving on...I've decided to commit myself to coming on here once a week. I will address the goings on (which usually entails movie watching, reading, eating, rinse, repeat!!) at home and at work. Restaurants fascinate me, well actually its the people in the restaurant!! It's just always something!! And why not share that fascination with the web??? Also, I've decided to do something constructive with my free time and participate in a reading challenge!!! It's the book to movie challenge!! It's starting Sept. 1 and runs to December 1. The three books I've chosen are (ones I already own and haven't got around to reading yet!!)

1. Anywhere but Here by Mona Simpson
2. The pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner
3. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by Jon Berend

So, I'll be posting reviews of these books once they're completed!!
This weekend i'm off to Sacramento to see the fam! And, to get my shop on at a big book sale!!!! Ta-ta!!!!

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for participating in the Book to Movie Challenge!

Anonymous said...

OK I really love the fact that your last posting was in MAY!!! Oh Janice...what are we to do with you??