Sunday, February 13, 2005

batting for the other team

Ok, so.....tonight, something strange happened at the g.clove(i know, whats makes that differ from any other day??)being my usually bubbly friendly self, i was serving tables, and making the usual "only talking to you to increase my tips" conversations, when a middle aged woman kissed me on the cheek when saying thank you and exiting the restaurant. This was odd for sev eral reasons;
She was not foreign(you know how those euros like the whole kiss on both cheeks thang).Actually she was from wisconsin
She did not appear to be a lesbian, was wearing a wedding ring.
She was not intoxicated. (didnt even consume alcohol while in the restaurant!)
So, after much deliberation my coworkers and i had just decided to chalk it up to this crazy city. It was almost 10 o clock and i had begun closing up the restaurant. My last table was just finishing up, i went outside to begin my closing duties. I was bringing some stuff in from outside and met my table at the door as they were exiting, when...the mid30s female, while saying her goodbye, kissed me on the cheek!!!!! WHat the HELL???? AM I A LESBIAN???HAVE I BEEN PLAYING FOR THE WRONG TEAM THIS WHOLE TIME??? DO I COME OFF AS A LESBIAN TO STRAIGHT WOMAN??? AM I JUST SO IRRESISTIBLE THAT A SIMPLE NON PHYSICAL GOODBYE WOULDNT SUFFICE?? DO I LIVE IN AN ALTERNATE UNIVERSE WHERE CHEEK KISSES BETWEEN HETEROS IS PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE?? I need to go to bed now!!!

No comments: