Monday, October 18, 2004

Humidity, Heaven, Pintsize fun

Sup peeps? So, today was quite the day in this little city. I'll start by saying this morning was nothing short of a preview of the weather in hell! When we left the house this morning(and yes it was in the a.m, we called it an early night), it was sooooo humid(note to fresno residents: U ARE NEVER ALLOWED TO BITCH/MOAN ABOUT THE WEATHER EVER AGAIN!!!!!! ) So yeah us fresnans have no concept of(well, i guess this is debatable, some might have a longer list)weather, i mean, so we were all walking around complaining about how HOT it was last week, but, humidity in october? U have no idea, aside from the fact that its just not right, i take personal offense for a couple reasons: 1. I'm what some might refer to as a mutt(german-irish-mexican-)and my parents(love you guys!!)were obviously not looking out for the sake of the products of their love( with respect to hair). I mean, ive got this curly monstrosity that is bearly tameable in the dry heat streets of fresno, but with years of practice ive learned to manage. Now, you wanna through humid, and rainy at me in mid-october, the hair gods have got it out for me, it just aint right. Ok, whew, im over that, anyway, and in my opinion the most important reason, 2. like, hello, didnt we used to have 4 seasons, whatever happened to i dont know, fall, how bout autumn, when was the last time anyone remember seeing a picturesque autumn? Anyone....anyone...bueller? So, after a couple hours the humidity made way to a torrential downpour that caught both amie and i in our now sopping wet summer attire. Once the rain let up we headed into town to handle some business. Ok, so i always thought this would greet me just inside the gates of heaven, but today christmas came early cuz i went to....a two story Target(it was heavenly!)I mean, as if this isnt already the greatest store ever, that requires me to devote at least a good hour of my day, you gonna go and throw another story at me? Bring it!!! So, 2 1/2 hours later, feeling satisfied, and considerably more in debt, we headed off to a fan favorite of fresnans, Bennigans, thats right people, it lives!!! Ok, so this could be, i dont know if i should say this, but it could be greater than the two story target. So y'all remember bennigans right? Strongly irish themed joint famous for lots of drank, and a few scrumptuous morsels, well as we walked pass the front doors, i couldnt believe what stood before me,and only in the great city of new orleans would i even stop to ponder such an events actual existence, but standing behind the hostess stand(all 4 feet of him)was what i instantly thought to be a real live leprechaun(i mean no green suit, or anything, but he was wearing a green polo!!)Once inside i realized, id been had!! Id been tricked!! It was no leprechaun at all, but a little person who was a host!!!! I feel ive been cheated by what turns out to be purely coincidental height of the host's with relation to that of an irish mythical favorite!! Now you tell me fresnans, tell me how any of you could not want to be in my shoes after a seemingly normal(to locals anyway)yet thouroughly comedic day? happy trails!!

No comments: