Monday, August 15, 2005

Its just pizza

So....its been a week....lets see...last week was pretty cool...on tuesday night i met two cool foreigners...one from belgium, and one from jolly old england....we hung out late night tuesday and made plans to catch a live show wednesday night....after nursing my hangover for much of wednesday, and catching my new fave shows(in no particular order); "so, you think you can dance" my main attraction to this show is my own personal failure as a dancer.....i think its fair to say i had definite potential....then i became a teenager, and all the social distractions of this time in my life, seemed much more alluring than having to work and sweat my ass off everyday for hours on end....(had i stuck with it...i couldve been on this show, ok, maybe not, at the very least, i could be teaching, like my best friend....as far as money to be made in that industry....lets just say, shes never"struggling" in the financial dept.). the next two shows are both on the fx channel....rescue me(who knew dennis leary could be so freakin sexy?), and starved( a new comedy about a group of friends who all suffer from different eating disorders) we headed out to le bons temp roule to catch the soul rebels brass band. I had been to see them play at this bar only a couple times before....i will now try to attend more frequently....the most kick ass part of the show is the extremely intimate setting. i mean you're basically elbow to elbow with everyone, but still manage to get your dance on, and feel the music...after quite the long couple weeks of partying i decided to take the weekend off. I stayed home thursday through last night(after coming home from work) caught up on my tivoed shows(god bless tivo!!)and started packing for my trip to minneapolis...i leave tomorrow morning....i'll be there til next tuesday...when i get home i will, hopefully, be starting a new job....im so over both the g. clove, and nyp(on my last shift at nyp, a woman, over the phone, went ballistic on me, yelling at me because she said i was the most unpleasant person she'd ever spoken to. My reply? "lady, its just pizza!!!"). Well, i'll try not to have too much fun in the midwest...

No comments: