Monday, November 15, 2004

Drums please!!!


battle of the bands

So, yesterday my friends and i went to the stadium at the city park, and watched the semifinals of the battle of the bands. It was quite the culturing experience!! This town never ceases to amaze me with its history and tradition, and this event was no exception. With a crowd somewhere in the thousands i watched with amazement at 10 high school bands from the greater new orleans area, 1 from atlanta that was actually in the movie drumline, and a college band from miss. To say it was awesome doesnt begin to describe the event. I can only imagine how much effort is put in to making these elaborate displays of both talent and pride. These folks do not mess around when it comes to marching bands!! I know when i think of marching band i think of the halftime shows at our high school football games, where i never actually watched(i was either too busy flirting with the boys, or waiting in line for some sort of football game snack, what? i like to eat, ok?) Anyhoo, i can guarantee you this was different than anything us fresnans have ever seen. I mean, not only do these kids tear it up with music on whatever instrument they're playing, they get down, literally. I heard tunes from r.kelly, to lil john, even a little destinys child, throughout the playing of these songs these kids are getting their dance on too!! It was crazy!!! Anyhoo, today is amies last day, so im on my own starting tomorrow, wish me luck!!!

Posted by Hello

No comments: