Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Life in the big city

Right now im in the midst of recovering from what could be considered a 3 day hangover. With the occasional interruption of work and alcohol. Oh the big city life, its rough!! Tonight I am going to show with jason to see a guy named marc broussard. Im really excited, ive been listening to his music since the summer, when i saw him open for gavin degraw. It should be pretty cool. So, lets see, whats been up this past week or so? Well, the end of last week was pretty mellow. Friday, I went to a brass band concert, BY MYSELF!! I know, i probably wouldnt believe it myself, ya know, if i hadnt been there to see myself, or you know, whatever, the point is i did it!! It was all brought on by a comment that a bartender i work with threw at me when i said i probably wasnt going to make it to said concert because jason decided he didnt want to go, and i really didnt know who else to call. She told me i should just go by myself, when i told her i felt awkward showing up by myself, that its weird to me when girls do stuff like that by themselves. Her reply"girls shouldnt do things solo, but women do!!" I guess it was an epiphanal(pretty sure i just made up that word!!) moment for me. At that moment i realized how and why i came back to this city. My social trappings in fresno had deprived me of experiences of my own. I couldnt believe how ignorant i felt. And after the liberation of walking in and out of that concert on my own terms, minus any drama brought on outside of my control, or by outside forces I realized this whole independent woman thing is pretty freakin cool!!! Anyway, after my I am woman.... night, i resolved to spend saturday with my dj crew and jason. My friend chris(maxwell) had his brother in town, so we were forced to spend another evening with the tourists on good ol bourbon street. We also got to visit my friend rebecca at the bourbon house(my former employer)where before my very eyes i witnessed a real live swingers convention!! Does the comedy ever stop in this place??!! It was great!! Sunday i spent watching football at rebeccas, then off to work!! After which i spent way too much time at the bar next door, and eventually ended up crashing at a coworkers(zach=the bad boy of the bunch=my intrigue/crush begins!!). Monday just spent the majority of the day recovering and trying to finish reading the confederacy of dunces(a must read!!!), almost there!! Yesterday i had the day off, and spent the evening with some new friends. Todays plans include(whatever i feel like doing, gawd!!!napoleon d. rocks!!) preparation for my date with my boyfriend marc(a girl can dream), oh and probably a meal or two!!! laaater!

No comments: