Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Lesbian Burger

So, last night was my first night on my own bartending/closing. It was pretty crazy, i mean, i got my first beliggerant customer, i made some money, and got out of there at a fairly decent time. I went next door and had a drink, then i was off to the french quarter to hang out with my friend jenn after working her last night at the bourbon house(suck ass restaurant i was employed at when i lived here the first time!!). I didnt eat dinner, or lunch, so, yeah you know where this story's goin, i was pretty happy(drunk)after just a couple cocktails(and maybe a couple shots)!! Anyway, i ended up hangin with a guy named jeff, who's a bartender at the bh. We ended up heading to a bar that was a little more punk rock(just his style). There was an attractive woman in her mid 30s who had just asked the bartender for a good place to eat that was close by, me being the food expert(fat kidd!!) that i am, i interjected and informed her of a place called yo mamas, it was only a couple of blocks away, and has by far the best burgers in town. These things are freakin huge and come with a big ass baked potato with all the fixins, it rocks!! I precede to tell her of the tasty morsels that are dished out of yo mamas, and how one, imparticular, the peanut butter burger(burger patty smothered in pb). She didnt believe me at first, but i went on and on about its yummy greatness!!! I finally sold her on it, and she was on her way. About 45 minutes later, she returned, with bag in hand. She walked up to the bar, next to me, and said,"Here's your pb burger." "Oh, no, im sorry, i meant that you should order a pb for yourself" "Yeah, i know, but i bought one for you too!!" I was so surprised by her kindness, that i didnt really know how to react. After thanking her, we started chatting, and (note to reader: at this point im going off of a very vague recollection of last nights happenings thanks to one too many raz stoli 7s, so the true appreciation of this event may be lost in translation since im still trying to figure out how i made it all the way up my deathly spiral staircase(with no railing!!!)much less the pb burger incident, and since i didnt truly recall this story until well into my hangover this afternoon(morning for me) i hope you realize how unreal it was!!) i informed her of a really cool show we were going to tonight. She stayed for a couple minutes more, i thanked her again for the burger and she was on her way. Me- "Wow, that woman was soo cool jeff, she totally bought me a pb burger, you just dont see kindness like that these days" Jeff-" Its not called kindness, its called being hit on!" Yes ladies and gentleman not only was I hit on by an attractive lesbian, but, my nievte(damn you catholic/middle class upbringing, damn you!!) hindered me from even realizing it until it was all over!! I mean, not that its that hard for me to understand, i mean, yeah, im pretty freakin hot, id hit on me, if i was a lesbian. but how am i that drunk/sheltered to not even notice!!!! Ah the dirtay south!!!

No comments: