Monday, December 13, 2004

What a weekend!!

What up party peeps?? Well its monday, and we made it through the weekend(just barely, no, seriously!) So, lets catch you up! Friday night i went to work at the g. clove, it was pretty calm, since there's not a whole lot of peeps in town at the moment!! When i got off work, i decided to go straight home(i know, i could hardly believe myself!!!). Which, as u are about to read, led me to the realization that i just dont belong at home on the weekends!! So, im driving home, just entered the french quarter, and wham, i get stuck two cars behind an ambulance that was just rolling out on a stretcher, some dude on some sort of drug induced bad trip, he looked around mid20s, and was screaming and flailing for a good 20 minutes before the ambulance finally took off. At this point i felt i, at the very least, deserved a cocktail for having sat through such trauma, but i pushed through it and, after driving 3 times around my neighborhood, i settled on a spot about 3 blocks from my house. It APPEARED to be a legit parking spot, granted there were a couple signs posted, after reading both, i felt comfortable with my decision and walked my sober ass on home!! After id been home for about an hour, i started to get this weird anxiety/intuition rumble in my tummy. I told myself i was just being paranoid and went to bed. At 2am, i woke from a dead sleep, and decided to go check on/move my car! Yeah, im a nervous nelly, what can i say, oh, yeah, i can say, when i got to the corner where i parked my car, it was GONE!!! So there, i was freakin right!!!! Yeah they towed my car!!! This is what i get for trying to be a responsible adult? Staying in on a friday night because i had plans for early sat. morning, not so much a good idea!! Thats it, from now on i no longer discriminate the drinking days, everyday is a day to get smashed!!! Yay!!! Well, you cant say i didnt give the whole responsible adult thing a try, its just really not my style!! CHeers!!!!! So, saturday morning jason took me to get my car out of the ghetto impound(like we expected it to be anything but!). My friend billy and i headed to an art market. It was an outdoor/indoor event with some really cool shit, and some not so cool!!! Afterward we grabbed a bite to eat and i was off to the clove. Sat. night I met up with my friends aaron and athena. Athena had got us on the guest list to a holiday concert from a local woman named theresa andersson. She rocks!! She plays the violin and the guitar. We got to hang out with her backstage before she went on, i was sooo vip!!! Athena did the worm in the vip room, that bitch is sooo crazy, i love her!!!!! We had a really great time and drank way too much!! Which leads me to yesterday!! I worked at 1030am yesterday. Let me just say this much, ive only worked 3 day shifts on sunday, and on all 3, if you happened to stop in to say hi or what have you, there would be only one place to find me, calling the dinosaurs, praying to the porcelain gods, etc. Gawd, i love how i take my job seriously, how i hold it with such high regard, how i maintain such high levels of professionalism, HAHAHAHAH!! The week ahead seems promising, im looking forward to a really cool show tomorrow night, its also my friend maxwells bday, and the 30th anniversary party at igors(owner of g.clove's bar, right next door to the g.clove). At the party they have 1 hour where ALL the DRINKS are FREE, its gonna be awesome!!!!! LATA

No comments: