Friday, March 11, 2005

wings, cherry bombs and the amazing race

So, tuesday night after getting home from work, i started to watch my tivoed shows. Started with american idol, dont lie you know you love that show!!! Its so drama filled and exciting, then i moved on to the amazing race.....let me back track....in september i attended a good friend's wedding. It was in fresno and was right before i moved out here. I went by myself(no, not cuz i couldnt find a date, ok, well sorta, it was the night of a big fresno state game, you know how those fresnans are about their suck ass teams!!!, yeah i said it, what? )mostly cuz i wasnt planning on staying for long. I knew there was going to be alot of folks from high school, meaning alot of people i rather not have to carry on forced conversations with in order to keep from seeming like a total bitch, like i care!! Anyway, i contemplated skipping the reception all together, but, relented and went anyway(the brides brother saw me at a gas station after the ceremony, and was all"so, ya gonna save a dance for me?" who says that?i was stuck, i had to go now, damn, and i had to dance with friend's "smooth talking" bro.double damn!!). As soon as i walked in i was taken to my assigned seat, where i realized i was surrounded by "those" people whom i was intentionally trying to avoid. I made a quick switch whilst they were all catching up on married life, kids, blah, blah, blah. Then realized, the wedding gods had blessed me with an open bar!!! After several dirty looks,(what?double fisting is totally cooth!!)i spotted two dreamy guys, who after much observation, i determined, were by themselves(sans dates!!!), and straight!! I made a female friend who was also there with a platonic date, and she quickly became my ally in catching the hot men before any of the other skanky sharks sunk their teeth in. One thing led to another (ok, one drink led to another...and another...they dont call it liquid courage for nothin!!) and i finally started chatting with my "dream guy". His name is greg, he's from santa monica, and was there with a cousin of the bride. We pretty much talked it up the whole night, danced a bit, talked some more. I was totally smitten(and pretty toasted too!!)Long story short it was one of those chance encounters in life where in retrospect you would change the outcome. I didnt get his number, we didnt even makeout( I KNOW, CAN YOU BELIEVE IT??). I thought for sure my "dream guy" would be just that forever........so im starting tuesdays episode of the amazing race, i missed the first episode last week, and contemplated not taping this one since i hate to be lost. But followed my gut and taped it since its one of my favorite shows!!! And about 3 minutes in see a face, and my heart stopped, i felt all shaky, i thought, no way, it cant be......it was my DREAM GUY GREG, ohmigod, hes on the amazing race, for the whole world to see his cuteness, this cant be real!!!! Then i thought, hel-lo, this is your life janice, random as hell, of course its happening why would you expect anything less!!! So, people, watch the race, check out my not lost forever dream guy, and gush over his greatness, as i will be each tuesday from here out!!! So, yeah that was tuesday. Wednesday i picked up the house a bit, expecting jason to get home late that night. I went to the g. clove around 5 to meet dale for bloody mary's. He was running late, so i told a friend i take him to the bar he was at the night before, where in his drunkeness he left his cell phone(been there, done that). After, getting lost in the ghetto, having rain start pouring from the sky(my footwear=flipflops, nice!!), finally finding the seahorse saloon, and trying a cherry bomb for the first/last time(maraschino cherries soaked in 151,me=whats a cherry bomb?, dude at the bar=dude, they're awesome, i made em, try one, you'll love it!!me, after trying one, and nearly throwing up= you asshole!!) we made our way back to the g.clove. We decided to have pizza and drinks at tims place. When i met dale he insisted that we get wings from this place he loved. Quote-"This place has bomb ass wings, its "just a little ghetto". Ok, so, that was probably the point where most people would've passed on it. but nooooo, not me. I was like, ok, lets try it!! So, off we went, got lost for the second time in the same night. Finally found it under the overpass of the freeway, i started to turn into what i thought was parking when dale informed me"we cant park here. we have to pull up to the curb, turn on your hazard lights, and one of us has to wait in the car. " R u kidding me? I was like, uhh, no way im sitting in this car without you in it. So, we left the green machine, and headed into the wing shack. It really is just that, a shack. We walked inside this little room that had a wall seperating it from the kitchen, a plexiglass(bulletproof, im sure) wall. The counter was all plexi, when the guy gave us our total, he spun this little revolving plexiglass thingy(technical name) to take our money. The whole time im thinkin, damn, these must be some bomb ass wings, if fools are getting shot over them!!! After we ordered dale said we should go next door to the ghetto liquor store, and get a beer while we waited. Can you say BO-DE-GA?(Refer to scene in half baked when dave chappelle explains bodegas) It was awesome, they had half filled shelves of all sorts of grocery items, a fully stocked beer cooler, and a wall of nikes(for sale). I was like a kid at disneyland for the first time, just standing there, in awe, taking it all in!! A guy walked in and was like"Yo, let me check those out in a size 9!!". We grabbed two bud light bottles, paid for them(Bodega price=$1.75, total.), got our brown bags and headed back to the wing shack. We stood outside for a minute, sipping on our cold ones, me, fearing for my safety, got our wings and headed home. I, up until now, had never considered myself a fan of wings, but, the wing shack changed my mind. Once i got over the initial ghetto trauma, i tried a wing, it was so meaty, and spicy, they were very hearty wings..i guess people do shoot people for wings, if they're wing shack wings!!! Tim and company enjoyed them!! So, thursday morning jason flew in from vegas. We met up thursday night after i worked. We hit our usual spots and called it an early night cuz jas had to work in the a.m.(early night=3 am) Then it was onto the weekend!!!

No comments: