Tuesday, March 01, 2005

disco fever

Ok, so this weekend was pretty calm i worked friday and came home, and chilled, still feelin a little jetlagged from wednesday. On saturday a couple of my friends invited me to go out to "the clubs" with them, though i was still a bit fatigued, it would've been rude of me to simply turn down an invite!!(plus they were going to the gay clubs, how could i turn that down!!!) So, i came home, got all hussied up(after which i realized, hello, gay club, no cute guys are trying to look at you, total waste of a cute outfit, and my cute new brown shoes, they're hot!!!)and we headed to Oz. No, silly, not like"the wizard of", its the aptly titled name of the bar we were headed to!!! I'd never been to this club before, and i gotta say, these gay men got it goin on!!! It all started at the door, we were greeted by the happiest freakin bouncers i've ever seen!! "hey girl, how are ya, have a great time!!!" I wouldve loved to've seen them throw someone out, that shit wouldve been hilarious!!! Right after you walk in there's a huge sign with "the rules of the bar" Rule #1- THIS IS A GAY BAR, SO BE NICE OR LEAVE!!!........are ya laughing cuz i know i was!!! We preceded to the dance floor which was sprawling with hot young men(most of them shirtless, i still dont get what thats about, and why isnt that what straight men do at "our" bars???) and most of them way more concerned with how they looked than i was. I know, i didnt think it was possible either, but i know for sure most of them took longer to get ready that night than i did, yet another astonishing feat!! Anyway my friends and i danced our little gay booties off(yeah no, im not gay, but they made me an honorary member for the night!!), and a cute guy came up to me and said"you're very pretty" i was like uh-huh, thats right gettin hit on by a gay guy at the gay bar, feelin good. Then i realized, they're all just super friendly.....damn, just my luck!! Anyhoo, after we'd had enough i came home and called it a night, thanks tim and leo, i had a blast!! They promised next time we could go to one of "my bars", where we will again make eyes at the same men and take bets on their sexuality.....aint life grand???

No comments: