Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I like cold beverages!!

So I officially made it through the first weekend of jazzfest!! And am proud to say i got to see some kick ass shows, meet some kick ass people, and deal with a gnarly two day hangover...oh and babysit my drunk friend dale.....again.(had to do it on st. pat's day too!!when is it my turn to wile out???oh yeah, i guess i do that pretty much all the time!!! anyhoo...friday night when i got off work i wanted to go see a show that started around 1 am....seeing as how i called all of my friends(ok, so "all" is technically only like, 3 people, ya dont have to rub it in!!!)and none of them were interested, it was off to dreamland for me, and no drinking....i know what you're thinking, no drinking the first night of jazzfest? who is this sober girl and what has she done with drunk janice?? well, dont fret my pet, cuz i definitely made up for the night off within the next couple night/mornings...So, i worked saturday night at the g. clove, bartending. It was pretty freakin slow, but i didnt end up getting out of there til like 1230. I had heard fishbone had a late night show, and i really wanted to go...fortunately i convinced the artist formely known as aaron to come along. We met up at igor's. After getting my ass kicked at both foosball and pool. i had had enough(no, really, i was pretty full of that alcohol!!)we headed to frenchmen...much to my chagrin there was a lengthy line to get in to the fishbone show, so we opted to chill at another spot....it was cool hangin with aaron....sunday we both needed food to nurse our wicked hangovers, so we went to this place called the blue plate cafe...it was the worst meal ever...not to mention that they were out of like everything on the menu, except for cold ass sausage and grits...does anyone truly enjoy a grits experience, i mean really...the texture is strange and it has literally no flavor...i dont get it!! Anyway, after lunch we headed to the garlic clove where drunk ass dale was furthering his all night/well into the next afternooner. He was a total mess, so wasted...i was really worried about him, and he couldnt understand why....uh, hello, you're totally smashed at a bar(my bar no less!), still drinking, refusing to let me take you home, and you're confused about this why??oh yeah cuz you're hammered...anyway, i was super hungover myself and in no way excited about heading to the g. clove in mere hours, but, i convinced him to go to my house, and sleep it off, while i headed to the job....at work i heard that g. love and special sauce were gonna play a late show at a really cool club. I didnt even care if anyone wanted to go with me, i was gonna see me some g love...thats exactly what i did, couldnt find any takers, so i ventured out on my own. i was a little nervous at first, but, standing in line i started talking to this couple that was really cool. the chick is from new york, she bartends here too. Anyway, we chatted in line, then i went in on my own...he had already started when i got in around 1230am. G.love is so smokin hot, and he's a kick ass musician, oooh, and he's super tall. Hell-lo, he's my dream guy!!! I watched him for about an hour on my own, then, while at the bar getting another beverage, i spotted my friends from line.we did shots and i listened with them for awhile. While standing at the bar i spotted and old friend from the first time i lived here....his name is joe, he's from philly. We chatted for a minute, then i told him id catch up with him later. He and his friends ended up making their way over to where i was and we all watched the end together. Dude, his show wasnt over til like 4 in the morning, that guy played forever.....afterwards(joe knows g.love from philly)he said we were headed to a bar on frenchmen to hang with g(i think i can call him g, since, we kinda sort of not really hung out, ok, so we were just in the same bar, but i totally made eye contact!!). We hungout there til about 6ish. We didnt make it in til around 7 in the am, i had already made plans to go to lunch with jen and her boyfriend, and had to be at work at 4. I guess im pretty much recovered at this point, i had to clean the shit out of my house this morning, cuz mi familia is on its way. Im picking up the crazy ladies in a couple hours, im sooo excited its gonna be awesome. I should have some pretty sweet stories to tell, much love!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas is just around the corner. No time to go to the mall...then do your shopping online. We sell everything that the mall sells. Shop today!